Re: printer driver Samsung SCX4623f

Ahoj,

Dňa Tue, 15 May 2012 12:10:05 +0200 Johan Scheepers
<johansche@telkomsa.net> napísal:

> Got  a Samsung SCX 4623f printer.
>
> It seems that Debian 6.05 does not have a driver for it.
>
> What would be the way to install it.
>
> 1) Samsung unified driver ?.

I have samsung scx-4200 for some years, shipped with linux driver on cd.
The Samsung unified driver was working for me a long time (debian testing),
but some months ago (cca 6) it stops working. Something strange happens,
reinstall was not help and i was not able to decide the reason for this.
And i was not able to find new driver version to download too.

Now i am using the splix. Sometime if want not print more than one page and
unplug/plug USB cable cycle is needed. Sometime the off/on is needed, and
sometime simply CUPS restart helps to continue printing. I am not sure, if
it is the driver issue or something in CUPS, because most of the printing
is coming from remote computer (my daughter and old OpenSuse).

IMO, you can successfully try the Samsung unified driver on the Squeeze,
because in squeeze release time (and long time after this) it was working
for me (and for printing - there was some problems with saned and remote
scanning).

regards

--
Slavko