Re: Problem with Dovecot

On Tue, 15 May 2012 15:59:11 +0100, Keir Snow wrote:

> Bit of a newbie here so please bear with me!
>
> I've installed Dovecot on my debian squeeze virtual server.  I managed
> to configure it using system users and it seemed to work.  However over
> the past week or so it has simply not been working.  mail I send to
> myself (ie keir@mydomain.org) does not appear in the webmailer
> (roundcube) or mutt as it did previously yet it does not bounce either.

You have to check first if it has been even delivered, which means if it
reached you MTA and with what result.

> There are no relevant messages in /var/logs/mail*.

What's your MTA, Exim, Postfix...? And it is configured to deliver to the
outside, to the "real" world? :-)

> It is quite possible that I've flipped a switch somewhere that I have
> forgotten about, just wondering what the first things I should check in
> trying to solve this problem are?

In the meantime, you can test if local delivery still works.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón