Re: [OT] strangeness with dhcp relay server

I had some insight from the Cisco support forums. Apparently DHCP Relays
are meant to forward requests *outside* the LAN, and should not be used
when server and relay are in the same LAN. So I am guessing the behavior
is not defined, if this happens.

The thread is here:

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Strange-problem-with-X3000-DHCP-Relay-functionality/td-p/519783

I really don't know the first thing about networking... :-)