Re: Dependency based boot sequencing and Canon printer

Hello Rob,

Rob Hurle <rob1940@gmail.com> wrote:
> Further experiments on printing on the Canon printer through CUPS:
>
> >  The printer has stopped working!  I'm suspicious of the
> > dependency-based sequencing since that was the only upgrade which
> > mentioned the printer, but another one of the upgrades may well have
> > disturbed the printing system.  Before I start the tedious debugging
>
> Manually stopping both daemons and then starting cupsd before the
> Canon daemon ccpd brought everything back together again.  Now to
> learn how to use dependency-based boot sequencing to have this done
> automatically :-)  Anyone played with this already?

You can have a look at the LSB headers in the ccpd package and add
CUPS to the list of requirements. If you have done that already, I am
out of luck :) – Nevertheless, posting your LSB headers here might
not hurt.

Best regards,

Claudius

PS: The Reply-To: header of your email was set to your email address,
so I’ll assume you’d like to have a personal copy?
--
The only problem with seeing too much is that it makes you insane.
		-- Phaedrus