Re: Corrupted windows in KDE after last upgrade in debian/testing

On Sun, 13 May 2012 15:23:58 +0200, Camaleon wrote:

| On Sun, 13 May 2012 15:23:58 +0200, wzab wrote:
|
| > After last upgrade of my machines, one of them shows strange windows
| > layout in KDE sessions. I attach the photograph (unfortunately in the
| > screen dump performed with "import" utility the effect was not visible,
| > but import complained about "too much input data"). What's interesting,
| > problem does not occur in the LXDE session, and it appears only in one
| > of my machines - the one which uses the "VGA compatible controller:
| > Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)"
| >
| > Other machines - with newer Intel graphics chipsets work normally. Whet
| > can be the reason and cure for this problem?
|
| Mmm, it could be something coming from KDE itself and window rendering
| (kwin). Have you tried to enable desktop effects? Is just for testing
| purposes, no need to keep them afterwards :-)

Exactly. The problem disappears when I switch off the desktop effects.
It seems, that after this upgrade something happened with desktop effects.
BTW. My another machine , which uses  "Display controller: Intel Corporation
Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev
03)" also started to experience problems:
After KDE session starts, I get the message (as I it rmember, translated from Polish)
"Desktop effects are too slow and will be switched off".

Previously both those machines worked good :-(.

Greetings,
WZab