Re: SOLIDWORKS

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Alex Padoly <alex.padoly@laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Which GNU package I can installed on DEBIAN WORKSTATION to work as
> SOLIDWORKS.
> Thanks!

The last time that I spoke to a Solidworks rep about Linux support, he
was very excited that I asked and he instructed me to direct my
question here:
http://www.solidworks.com/sw/9757_ENU_HTML.htm

He was also a Linux user and he says that the company is just waiting
for critical mass to start working on the project full time. Note that
the company's website already states Linux on the download page, as
some of the lesser products have already been ported. So every letter
counts!

I do not know how effective the approach would be for AutoCAD, but it
won't hurt so contact them as well:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12338355

--
Dotan Cohen