Re: Regarding installation of xipdump-1.5.2.tgz on red hat linux 5 Enterprise Edition

On Sat, 12 May 2012 04:36:20 -0500, Indulekha wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120512093620.GA7588@radhesyama>:

> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 02:13:37AM -0700, onlymahendra7@yahoo.com
> wrote:
> >

> >     Dear sir,
> >

> >     I am trying to install xipdump-1.5.2.tgz on my Red hat Linux 5
> >     Enterprise Edition operating system. But while installation it
> > shows many errors. Can you tell me how to install this software. Is
> > there any other packages needed to install. pl reply...
> >

> This is a debian list, no Red Hat.

..wrong answer, this is where you tell Mahendra to fetch and
install one one of the debootstrap packages from e.g.: ...
arnt@celsius:~$ apt-cache search debootstrap
cdebootstrap - Bootstrap a Debian system
cdebootstrap-static - Bootstrap a Debian system - static binary
debootstrap - Bootstrap a basic Debian system
ganeti-instance-debootstrap - debootstrap-based instance OS definition
for ganeti grml-debootstrap - wrapper around debootstrap for installing
pure Debian multistrap - multiple repository bootstrap based on apt
pbuilder - personal package builder for Debian packages
rinse - RPM installation environment
arnt@celsius:~$

... and point him to e.g.: ...
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds03.html.en or
http://kemovitra.blogspot.com/2010/01/use-cdebootstrap-to-install.html

...so he can learn how to play with Debian toys 'n tools. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: