Re: OT: More about GPG signing

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 08:01:51PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 12:32 -0500, Indulekha wrote:
> > > --
> > > Patageometry, n.:
> > > 	The study of those mathematical properties that are invariant
> > > 	under brain transplants.
> > > http://chubig.net                          telnet nightfall.org 4242
> >

> > Actually, depending on the editor one uses to compose email, there are
> > ways to avoid quoting the hideous block of text.
> > In vim, for instance, just put this in your .vimrc:
> > map ,kqs :/^[ ]*> -- *$/;?^[ >][ >]*$?;.,/^[ ]*$/-1d<CR>
> > There also also ways to do this in emacs, jed, etc, but I don't know
> > them as I just use vim.
>
> And you anyway didn't cut the signature (not signing) of the previous
> mail ;).

Yes, it seems to work only on the gpg/pgp sigs consistently.
I know too little about it, frankly, and got really burned out on having
this kind of issue, so once I managed to not quote the gpg block I
pronounced it "good enough". Interestingly, someone on the list immediately
responded by doing something to elude this, as well as my mutt display-filter,
and also proudly announced his return to "long, weird signatures". That pretty
much proved to me he was deliberately trolling, so I now filter him. Problem
solved.

> An open mailing list should be usable with all common mailers. KMail,
> Thunderbird, Mutt, Evolution etc..
>
> 2 Cents,
> Ralf

+1
But life is chock full of problems other people cause via poor decisions
and defective reasoning, best just learn to work around it. When that can't
be done without strain there's always filtering. But this list is pretty
good, most people are kind, respectful, knowledgeable, and helpful. The
fact I've only felt compelled to filter one person is a very good sign. :)

--
 Indulekha