Re: OT: More about GPG signing

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:55 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 05:49:12PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > > You have an option to import my key under your PGP menu should you wish
> > > to do so . If you have installed Enigmail then go ahead & do it.
>
> > With Evolution I can't. I need your keyserver and your keynumber.
>
> The key number is in the message (A093C263 above).  The key servers
> are all public and mirrored with each other, so just pick one or
> more to use.  If the person signing the message hasn't uploaded their
> key to a public keyserver, then they are perhaps not understanding
> what the public key is for ;)

This resulted in "Valid signature, but cannot verify sender (Phil Dobbin
<bukowskiscat@gmail.com>)":

gpg: armor header: Hash: SHA1
gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: armor header: Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
gpg: original file name=''
gpg: Signature made Thu 10 May 2012 05:45:50 PM CEST using RSA key ID
A093C263
gpg: using PGP trust model
gpg: Good signature from "Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat@gmail.com>"
gpg:                 aka "[jpeg image of size 518977]"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: AADB 6887 80BF 485B EF0D  4DBC 23E6 616E A093
C263
gpg: textmode signature, digest algorithm SHA1