Re: OT: More about GPG signing

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:14 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> Alternatively, should I just ignore the signature, in which case why
> is the sender polluting the list with useless crap?

That's the problem.

For Evolution all mails look ok. Below some mails there's a button that
notifies me, when an email is signed. E.g. "Signature exists, but need
public key"

If I push the button nothing changes.

If there's an info in the mail, I can copy and paste and run

gpg --keyserver [snip] --recv-keys [snip]

Then I close and open Evolution.

Now the button notifies me "Valid signature, but cannot verify sender"

If I push the button nothing changes, I only get verbose output from
gpg.

I don't care about this. Other people send thumbnails with their photos,
with each mail. I also don't care about this. The data doesn't brake the
email and doesn't cost much data or traffic. FWIW sometimes IMO HTML is
better than text, e.g. when sending links or a long command line.

 - Ralf