Re: Allowing people to change their own IMAP password

On Wed, 09 May 2012 16:49:10 +0100, Shaun wrote:

> On 09/05/2012 16:39, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> what kind of accounts/password backend you are using (system users,
>> mysql users, sasldb2 users...) :-)
>
> System users.
>
>> Most webmail frontends (Squirrel, Roundcube...) provide plugins for
>> that precisely purpose. What's your IMAP configuration?
>
> Courier IMAP.

Okay, so you still have no webmail application in place, right?

> Also vacation mails are done via .procmailrc files and so this is
> currently a bit messy too as the users can't do it themselves as they
> don't have shell access. And setting up procmail rules. Again, would be
> nice to be able to have users do this themselves. Are all these things
> possible via Squirrel and Roundcube then?

As you are using Courier-IMAP maybe you can try "SqWebMail" which is
included within your IMAP server and I think (but not sure, so better if
someone can confirm this point) it allows password changing:

http://www.courier-mta.org/sqwebmail/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón