samba / winbind and console loggin confusion

Dear All,

i have been using Samba for almost 6 months but now there is a problem
which i realize and now looking farword to resolve it.

in files /etc/pam.d/common-auth and /etc/pam.d/common-account

i put this line at the end of the file

auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so

now things are working fine ans per the expectation but one thing
which i can not understand, when i try to logging to console screen it
ask the password 3 times. 1 time it accepts doest give any error.
second time  "login server not found" and third time it accept the
password.

now when i commint"(#) the said line from common-account it ask me the
password only two times

however things are working fine even if i commit the line in common account.

here is some more setting detail over my samba server.

[lobal]
        workgroup = ASSURETYCONSULT
        realm = ASSURETYCONSULTING.COM
        server string = %h server
        security = ADS
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
        unix password sync = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes

/etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd:         compat  winbind
group:          compat  winbind

what can i do to make things back to normal. it suppose to ask the
password only one time.

note : via putty it works fine (ask the password only one time)

Thanks,