LightDM in Linux Mint Debian Edition 201204

Has anyone been able to get LightDM to work properly in the latest release of Linux Mint Debian Edition (201204)?  I can replace the default MDM with LightDM with just apt-get commands.

The problem comes when trying to boot up with LightDM.  During the process of loading up LightDM, the screen blacks out and does nothing.  I know from the logs I looked at (had to boot up with a live ISO and mount the LMDE installation) that LightDM did try to start up.

Why doesn't LightDM work properly?

--
Jason Hsu, Linux literate software development engineer
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux (http://www.swiftlinux.org)