Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Mi, 02 mai 12, 06:38:59, Indulekha wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:49:00AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > In order to save bandwidth you may want to use IMAP + downloading
> > headers only ;)
> >

> That *is* what I do, as I said I'm stuck using an absurdly slow dial up
> connection. In this part of the country our phone lines are so bad my
> connection speed hovers between 1.5 and 5.9 kbps  (no, not a typo)!
> If you've never experienced that, you probably wouldn't understand...

I've started using internet in the times of 33.6 and later 56 kbps,
which is "only" 10 times better. Besides, for some strange reasons my
connection at works is dead-slow sometimes (I'm talking just a few
bytes/s download speeds), so yes, I understand.

> Just opening an imap mailbox with more than a few hundred messages in
> it (with header caching) can take several minutes.
> It's the only real downside to living in this extremely rural area.

You may want to try out something else than mutt, it downloads too much
stuff under certain circumstances (see #496906 and references).

Hope this helps,
Andrei