Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:58:35 +0900, Han Soo Chang wrote:

> I recently installed debian squeeze, but I can't see youtube videos on
> iceweasel.
>
> $ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Above command ends with a following error message. (My sources.list has
> non-free included)
>
> ERROR: wget failed to download
> http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc
> More information might be available at:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer
>
> I consulted the webpage, and googled, but could not get useful
> information.
>
> I appreciate any help.

You can get the ".so" flash plugin directly from Adobe's site:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

You select your linux arch (32 or 64 bits) and then choose the
"*.tar.gz", extract the "*.so" library into the Iceweasel plugins
directory and you're done.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón