Re: [Solved] Re: Problem with resolution on Radeon HD 7450 card (Squeeze)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:01:46 +0900, Han Soo Chang wrote:

> Thank you guys!
>
> It seems that the problem is now solved.

Hey, that sounds good! :-)

> I purged my dkms package, and re-installed dkms from squeeze backports I
> purged fglrx-driver, fglrx-control packages, and re-installed them from
> squeeze-backports.
> Then, the fglrx.ko was successfully generated. I rebooted the system,
> and the window is working fine. Maybe I messed up the installation
> procedure somehow. I probably needed to install dkms from the
> squeeze-backports before installing fglrx-driver.
>
> I put below my current xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log for reference.
> I am not sure if I needed the tweak on chipID on my xorg.conf. I will
> experimet later.
>
> Again, thank you very much folks!  I apprecieate your helps very much.

(...)

I just have read your last post where you said the kernel module was
indeed not present in your system. Wow... that sounded like a corner
situation (that usually happens when you compile the fglrx driver by
yourself but not when using precompiled packages) but glad you could
finally solved it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón