Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download

2012-04-30 07:46, Han Soo Chang skrev:
If you try fetching it with wget:
"wget
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc";
does it produce an error message?

This is the message I get.
I am inside a corporate LAN with a proxy server whose address is ns14:8080.

Cannot write to `fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc' (Permission denied).

As Curt wrote, it seems that you can not write the output file.

To verify that it is not network related:

"wget http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc"; tries tio fetch and write to file, which does not work, as you tried before.

"wget http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc -O -" will try to fetch the file and print it to standard output, so that you see it on screen. I expect that to work without problems.

Is this a special setup with special write permissions?

My interpretation is that the installation scripts fails to write a file that it wants to save to disc for later use.

Regards

Johan