Re: PS/2 Keyboard and Mice not working (USB is) on X

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:59:38 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 16:53 +0530, paivakil@gmail.com wrote:
>> Or is my MoBo giving up?
>
> No, Debian dropped working PS/2 equipment for versions ex stable a long
> time ago. In my case only the mouse doesn't work anymore, the keyboard
> still does work.

I must be doing some kind of mystic sorcery to make my PS/2 keyboard and
my USB mouse (attached to an USB to PS/2 converter) working in my Lenny
as well as Wheezy!

> If there would be another OS, I would drop Linux, since things become
> more and more idiotic. Nobody cares about bugs, for serious computer
> usage.

Then better search for an OS replacement. If you like Linux, there are
some paid distributions that will be more than happy to have you as a
client because bugs (filling and solving) are *a must* here (here →
community driven projects).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón