Re: Question to aptitude

On Du, 15 apr 12, 00:21:49, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> The according aptitude command is, e.g.,
>
>   aptitude purge '~i3\.0\.1-.*'
>
> if I'm not mistaken. '~i' searches only through installed packages.

To further elaborate on this, aptitude tries to apply the operation
('purge') to the entire set of packages returned by the pattern (while
apt-get does not), so you have to restrict the results to a set of
packages that makes sense for the operation to be performed.

One can test patterns with 'search' and then just change the operation
when the results are as expected.

For your specific needs have a look also at the ~o pattern, it might
already do what you want.

Kind regards,
Andrei