Re: Anyway of keeping gnome2 while upgrading from Squeeze to Wheezy

On 27/04/12 17:20, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:59:54 +0100, Dom wrote:

On 27/04/12 15:45, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

2/ Use the fallback (now "classical") desktop. With higher doses of
patience it can be very configurable and enjoyable but remember it
won't last forever.

Barely works on my laptop. Slow and some font corruption. Also other
issues - something weird in Iceweasel last time I tried it.

You can report this, if you are interested enough to get it solved, of
course.

I'll do more investigations next time I clone my disk to try the latest Gnome 3 updates and report if I find anything specific.

3/ Keep Squeeze until it's unsupported.

Running Wheezy here.

I bet you're not the OP, right?

That's right.

4/ Choose another DE/WM.

This looks like my only chance, but I like Gnome2. Haven't found any
other I really like *yet*.

(...)

You keep searching, then.

Will do :)