Re: Partman-Auto - Multi-Disk OR Use Existing Layout via Preseed

Well, that's at least comforting to know that I'm not crazy. :)

I wish there was an easy way to get the partitioner code from FAI into d-i. They use parted on the backend as well, but their syntax is a lot simpler, and supports multiple disks. I just can't bring myself to go the whole FAI route just because partitioning doesn't work the way I'd like. I am going to try something hacky but not that bad, and see if I can get this to work:

Explicitly say the volume group for sysvg is 10GBs. Define the LVs inside there. Define an additional unused partition to fill the disk.

In post, remove the extra partition from sdb, copy everything in /boot to /dev/sda1, and reinstall grub. That should work.

-Matt