Re: Debian netboot not detecting Addonics flash adapters

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:25:44 +0300, Lars Noodén wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian Squeeze from the netboot image [1] over PXE
> and having great difficulty getting it to detect the drives.  The error
> is that no drives are detected:
>
> 	"No disk drive was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed
> 	by your disk drive, you can select it from the list."

Mmm... (thinking out loud) could it be that you have to add additional
support for these devices to detect the CF adapter and thus the hard disk?

> In contrast, the OpenBSD 5.0 installer has no trouble finding and using
> the disks.  In fact, if I have OpenBSD installed on the disks, then the
> Debian finds the disks just fine.  So to get Debian, I have to go
> through the intermediate step of installing OpenBSD.
>
> What should I do different to do get Debian to find the disks and
> install?

Trick: you can try to "fool" the installer by attaching a USB key to
force the detection of additional modules.

You can also jump to a virtual debug console (Alt+F2) to gather more
information about the error.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón