Debian netboot not detecting Addonics flash adapters

I'm trying to install Debian Squeeze from the netboot image [1] over PXE
and having great difficulty getting it to detect the drives.  The error
is that no drives are detected:

	"No disk drive was detected. If you know the name of
	the driver needed by your disk drive, you can select
	it from the list."

In contrast, the OpenBSD 5.0 installer has no trouble finding and using
the disks.  In fact, if I have OpenBSD installed on the disks, then the
Debian finds the disks just fine.  So to get Debian, I have to go
through the intermediate step of installing OpenBSD.

What should I do different to do get Debian to find the disks and install?

Regards,
/Lars

[1]
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/