Re: changing window managers in debian 6.0.4

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:36:09 -0700, Dan Hitt wrote:

> I'm running debian 6.0.4 (squeeze).
>
> I'm attempting to change my window manager from the default metacity to
> wmaker (WindowMaker).
>
> I attempted the change by
>    sudo update-alternatives --display x-window-manager
> and then choosing the wmaker alternative.

(...)

Mmm, juts a quick note. You can try with:

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

Which will ask you about the preferred option. Then you can check the
current setting with "--display".

You can also consider in selecting WM from the available window managers
dropdown menu at the login screen.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón