Re: ..solved: two video cards on Squeeze

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:19:57 -0400, Rob wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120425011957.GC8042@aurora.owens.net>:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 02:40:08AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:34:18 -0400, Rob wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20120424223418.GA5387@aurora.owens.net>:

> > > Wow, I got it working already.  All I did was:
> > >
> > > /etc/init.d/gdm3 stop
> > > X -configure
> > > cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> > > /etc/init.d/gdm3 start
> > >
> > > Actually, I did have to make a correction to xorg.conf.  The
> > > radeonhd driver did not work, so I switched it to radeon and that
> > > fixed it.  I also had to change the order of my screens (right to
> > > left), but that's to be expected.
> > >
> > > For the record, my system has an onboard NVidia GeForce 6100 and
> > > a PCI Express ATI Radeon HD 3470.  The ATI card has dual
> > > DisplayPort outputs, but my second monitor only has VGA inputs so
> > > I opted to use the onboard VGA instead of buying an adapter.
> >
> > ..so, all you "need" to do now, is hook up your 3'rd screen
> > to your 2'nd DisplayPort. ;o)
> >
> Exactly!
>
> Actually, I now need to figure out how to make the two screens act as
> one.  Currently, I can open applications on either screen but I can't,
> for instance, drag an application from one screen to the other.  I'm
> not sure if I can do that with separate video cards, though.
>
> -Rob

..well, play with the GUI menus, e.g. KDE's "System Settings" ->
"Display and Monitor" -> "Multiple Monitors" or Gnome's (AFAIR)
"System" -> "Preferences" -> "Display and Monitor" etc as you
fool around with the plug-'n-play things 'n see what happens. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: