Re: 2TB USB hard drive for backing up

On 21/04/2012 18:36, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
I am going to buy a big USB hard drive to backup films, music and
photos. In fact, I might backup the system (at least, the list of
packages installed).

Anybody out there tried a 2TB USB hard drive? What did you use as filing
system. I am intending to use ext4. Any comments?

Hi, I use seagate's ST2000DL003-9VT1 (it's some kind of "eco" drive, but still fast) for that purpose, in raid1. No complains. I have had disastrous experiences with WD 2TB drives (those "green" monstrosity).
I use gpt partition table, with LUKS and RAID without trouble.