Re: wheezy: / mounts readonly at boot, I can't figure out why

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 06:26:44PM -0700, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
> I'm also curious what actually does determine boot order as of wheezy
> currently. I see the dependency annotations in /etc/init.d scripts,
> and what I guess is a rendering of those in /etc/init.d/.depend.* (and
> those files were also recently updated; does insserv do that? I ran it
> thinking it'd give me command line options), but also the /etc/rc*
> stuff.

Yes, insserv is responsible for managing the link ordering and
creating the .depend files.  I've not tested this, but my understanding
is that if you remove the link, insserv will not recreate it--it will
assume that you do not want to run the service.  So if it got
deleted for some reason, that would explain why you were experiencing
this problem.

Regards,
Roger

--