Re: Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick -- now what?

16.04.2012 14:02, Sian Mountbatten:

[...]
> As you can see, the Nova-T stick was recognised by the kernel and an IR
> Remote Control driver registered. Unfortunately, I have not received a
> remote control.
>
> I have a number of questions:-
>    1. With NO remote control, how do I control the device?

For example by using an GUI application (see 2.).

>    2. What do I have to do to get TV reception?

There are GUI applications for watching TV, for example Me-TV, kaffeine
etc. Pick one that suits your needs.

>    3. Do I have to buy any more hardware? eg, should I buy the device
> new so that I get all the relevant h/w?

I have never used the remote that came with my stick - therefore my
answer would be "no". But it obviously depends on your needs/preferences.

BTW: Of course, there is no necessity to use GUI applications like Me-TV
or the like, since there also are command line tools or big media center
systems like MythTV or VDR, but using a stand alone GUI app is probably
the easiest way  to get started.

BTW2:
http://www.linuxtv.org

--