Re: about dual booting freebsd 9 and debian 6.04

On 04/12/2012 01:54 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Jo, 12 apr 12, 14:53:49, Dibesh Shrestha wrote:
dear all,
ear All
I am trying dual boot on my pc.I have installed freeBSD 9.0 and Debian
6.0.4. I did not install boot loader while installing freebsd but i
installed grub in debian. My partition looks as follow :
ada0        74GB        GPT
     ada0p1  2.1 GB      linux-swap
     ada0p2  30GB        freebsd-ufs
     ada0p3  42GB        linux-data
I could login to debian and edited the file /etc/grub.d/40_custom in debian.
How about if you make sure you have os-prober installed and run
'update-grub' ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei
The script does not detect BSDs automatically. Your setup looks correct, but you need to create a file in /etc/grub.d and follow the instructions as per http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/16886/set-up-grub2-to-boot-freebsd-using-either-ubuntu-tools-or-liveusb-to-find-what-p . A simple Google search for "grub2 freebsd" would have gotten you there as well ;)

Best,

--
Rares Aioanei