Re: Linux TV tuner

On 11/04/12 07:09, Alan Chandler wrote:
On 10/04/12 22:24, Lisi wrote:
On Tuesday 10 April 2012 21:50:44 Sian Mountbatten wrote:
I have decided to get a USB TV tuner so that I can use it with my
sid(uction) box. I am in the UK. Will I need a TV licence?
I think so. But I also believe that you can get round it by watching
iPlayer
etc. over the internet. IANL of course!
Unfortunately you can't. You still need a TV licence to watch via
iPlayer. It says so on the BBC web site.

It is true that you need a TV licence to watch programmes that are currently being broadcast ("as the programmes are being broadcast, simulcast or otherwise made available by the BBC on television").

However, programmes that were are not being broadcast at the time may be watched, in the UK only, without a TV licence, for as long as they are available on iplayer. The BBC would like to close this loophole.

--
Dom