Re: nepomuk, tracker - why such CPU and memory hungry beasts are installed automatically?

It is time that KDE (and Gnome) background services ran nicely niced out of
the way but this is still, after all this time, not the case.

I have long disabled Nepomuk and use Recoll instead. Indexing daemon (option)
runs niced and one does not know it is running. It simply works.

I have a runner for using recoll in krunner on kde-apps if interested.