Re: [OT] Something about google search

On 08/04/12 16:00, lina wrote:
> Thanks for all.
>
> 1] I installed the greasymonkey.

Pretty sure it's greasEmonkey - but maybe that's the problem. ;-p

> 2] I download the  Add Links to Google Bar form
> http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/115780
>
> 3]  : I don't know how to set the mail.google.com to the host of
> www.google.com, changed  (document.location.host == "www.google.com"
> not work)

Huh? Why are you trying to change that?

<snipped>
If you want to modify the example links (to Bing, Fffacebook etc) or add
a custom one -  the section to modify is between the "Add your links
here" and "Finish your custom links.." comments. (obscure huh?)

> // Add your links here.. //newLinks.push({name: 'Facebook', href:
> 'http://www.facebook.com'}); //newLinks.push({name: 'Yahoo', href:
> 'http://www.yahoo.com'}); //newLinks.push({name: 'Bing', href:
> 'http://www.bing.com'});

eg. replacing that section with the following will add a single new link
called "Debian" which is a href to debian.org

// Add your links here..
//newLinks.push({name: 'Debian', href: 'http://debian.org'});
// Finish your custom links..

If you want to *remove* some of the visible links in the default Google
search page, and add custom ones or rearrange the existing ones - this
script will not do it.

<snipped>

> Thanks again,
>
> Best regards,

If you have problems with the script it's best to contact the maintainer
(at the link you posted) or a javascript forum, instead of bombing this
list with questions not related to Debian.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-