Re: [OT] Free Software Phone was Re: [OT] Re: Free as in speech hardware ebook reader

On 08/04/12 02:59, Carl Fink wrote:
> Digressing from the OT digression ... anyone know of a smartphone that runs
> OSS only? I dislike letting my carrier tell me what hardware features I can
> use, for instance.

Yes - the GTA4 from Golden Delicious is the best and it will run Debian.
Unfortunately the GSM stack is not completely open (OpenStack may change
that), it's pricey (but worth it) and it's lower powered than other
"Smart" phones.

That said it's actually a very nice phone with good reception and sound.
I've got some 3D printable cases designs for it somewhere - PirateBay
may have more (nothing illegal involved).

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04&referer=Neo%20Freerunner

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-