Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?
- From: Chris Bannister <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 04:02:05 +1200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20120406160205.GA15055@tal>
- In-reply-to: <4F732E4F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4F714A79.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F720032.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F732E4F.email@example.com>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:29:19PM +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> 2. Add these lines to /etc/apt/preferences.d/backports (or
> /etc/apt/preferences) :
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=squeeze-backports
> Pin-Priority: 500
> WARNING TO STEP TWO: This will make all packages from backports have
> same priority as packages from main repositories, so ALL packages will
> be installed from backports if they are newer than the ones at main
> repositories. If you are using Squeeze for stability, you might not
> want this.
Ummm, well, obviously if you have backports in your sources list you are
no longer running stable.
"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte