Re: Problems in fonts in console appear again

On Thu 05 Apr 2012 at 12:17:49 +0000, James Brown wrote:

> On 05.04.2012 10:22, Brian wrote:
> >
> > What are FONTFACE and FONTSIZE in /etc/default/console-setup?
>
> FONTFACE="Fixed"
> FONTSIZE="16"

You can do better than this. Install the xfonts-terminus package. I'm a
little surprised your console-setup doesn't offer them.

> > What is the native resolution of your laptop screen?
>
> 1280x800

I'd say you should be booting into this resolution. With KMS and the
cards I have it is done automatically.

> > Are SCREEN_WIDTH and SCREEN_HEIGHT commented out in the file above?
>
> Yeah:#
> # SCREEN_WIDTH=80
> # SCREEN_HEIGHT=25
> Do it needs to indicate 1280x800?

Mine (like yours) are untouched and things are fine.