Re: Booting Debian from Windows

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:10:37 -0600, Patrick Kongawi wrote:

> I have been having great difficulty creating a CD ISO for Debain. I went
> to "getting debian" and "Downloading large Image" and "Download CD/DVD
> with Jiggo" and select one of the official image.  Is this the proper
> way to select and Image and write it to a CD?  Will the BIOS read the CD
> if the Driver is selected?  Please advise.

http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/index.en.html

I would download instead the first DVD (or CD) ISO image file, check that
the MD5SUM is fine and burn the image from windows if you want, just
remember to choose in the burning application you want to create a
"bootable ISO/image write" or something like that, and not just burn as
data.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón