Re: correct English usage

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:50:07 +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:

(careful when quoting...)

> * Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> [120403 13:51]:

> Commonly-used English terms which are apropos to this matter are
> "precede", "predecessor", "succeed", "successor", "antecedent", and
> "descendant".  Thus, one could say:

(...)

That's why the documenting guys are perfect for this work as they're
usually skilled at language. I bet they're the most indicated for finding
the proper wording.

But the above does not imply that using "posterior" in the above stanza
is wrong. It can be improved (we are not writers not editors) but not
incorrect. Those "old Latin" lovers (me included :-P) would even use the
term "ulterior" for the said meaning.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón