debian-faq (was ... Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude)

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:48:24PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I'd suggest this instead:
>
>     Note that apt-get now installs recommended packages by default and
>     is, for its robustness, the preferred program for package management
>     from console, to perform system installation, and major system
>     upgrades to releases as of Squeeze.
>
> What do you think?

For a start it is possibly all just hot air unless it is discussed on
the debian-doc list and/or a patch submitted against the debian-faq
package. I know that you are involved in translations and hence have
some influence/knowledge so I suggest:

Note: Starting with Squeeze, apt-get now installs recommended packages
by default and is the preferred program to perform system installation
and major system upgrades. Aptitude may be preferred for interactive
package management.

   -- Napoleon Bonaparte