Re: Freeze on wake

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:55:00 +1200, Aidan Gauland wrote:

> After returning my 1015BX and getting a 1015B Eee PC, I have a hardware
> compatibility problem (at least I think it's a hardware problem):
> sometimes on wakeup from sleep, the system freezes and can only be reset
> by removing the battery; holding the power button shuts it off, but it
> comes back frozen instead of cold booting when I press it again.

(...)

Being an EEEPC, I would also post into their mailing list:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/

Debugging resuming can be tricky and hard, it can be almost anything
(BIOS, kernel version, a faulty/conflicting driver...). I'd start by
reviewing the logs ("/var/log/pm-suspend.log") just in the event there is
something of usefulness.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón