Re: [OT] Posting styles -- Top vs Bottom

El 2012-04-01 a las 09:44 -0400, Miles Fidelman escribió:

(sending back to the list)

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:08:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:

>>> I'm not sure who writes these rules, and what their exact authority is,
>>> but the page itself acknowledges that it does not constitute "official
>>> information", and as others have noted, the official code of conduct
>>> does not specify posting style.
>> Those "rules" (I prefer to see them as "tips for good guidance") are
>> written by all of us, people like you or me, that is, people who
>> participate in the mailing lists.
>
> The question does raise two interesting points:
>
> - what IS the "official" process for setting rules (presumably, since
> the Debian project hosts these lists, and the servers they run on,
> somebody, through some process, has the authority to set rules for the
> lists, and post those rules to lists.debian.org) - but what are the
> details?  anybody know?

I don't know, but the way this workes in other projects I've participated
these conventions are made and developed by their user members, which
includes all of us.

> - it turns out that there are TWO places that list rules of conduct for
> all Debian lists:

> BUT points to the above as the "official rules of conduct"
>
> Somewhat confusing.
>
> Miles Fidelman

IMO, they both complement each other.

The only difference between "www.debian.org" and "wiki.debian.org" is
that normal users can edit the latter but only users with commit rights
can alter the former.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón