Re: sharing desktop on debian - freenx?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM, John A. Sullivan III
<jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

> Yes but doesn't xrdp rely upon VNC and thus have the same performance
> issues as VNC? I would be delighted to be wrong.  RDP on Windows has
> show remarkable improvement with versions 6 and 7 to the point that it
> is almost as responsive as NX but I do not think xrdp takes advantage of
> that - John

Yes, xrdp does rely on VNC and so performance is not great, but it's
certainly passable for remote administration tasks and light web
browsing.

As for freenx, the OP can get nxserver itself from NoMachine's site.
It's limited to 2 simultaneous connections, however, but it's the real
deal.  I don't know how much longer version 3 will be available there
(it will not be released freely in version 4).

--
Chris