Re: Some KDE apps depend on kdebase-runtime, which is transitional

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:54:46 -0400, Max Hyre wrote:

>     I tried to remove the transitional package kdebase-runtime,

Can you post/upload the exact command you used (how did you manage to
remove tha package), what was the output you got and what's in your
"sources.list"?

> and got a shock when it proposed removing a number of packages, some
> important [1].
>
>     I checked the bugs for a few of them, and no report has been
> filed.  I should do so, but really don't look forward to doing the same
> report thirteen times.  Can I just file them against the kde package, or
> is there some straightforward way to file one report against multiple
> packages, or do I just plan to spend some quality time with cut & paste?

In the event there's something wrong, filling a bug report won't harm: if
you are between a packaging transition (update) the bug will be discarded
and you'll only lose a bit of time :-). I would open agaisnt the
transitional package "kdebase-runtime".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón