Re: sharing desktop on debian - freenx?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 08:01:30AM -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> I would strongly suggest looking at X2Go - also NX based.  It is a
> relatively young progress but has been making significant progress over
> the last year - www.x2go.org and wiki.x2go.org. I think you'll be
> pleasantly surprised - John

>From my limited understanding of the situation, the original NX is a bit
of a nightmare to package (very messy collection of scripts and technologies)
and the x2go people are gradually unwinding and resolving this.  There was
a recent discussion about attempting to package x2go in Debian on the
development mailing list. I think it will happen one day, but perhaps not
before more clean-up has taken place.

Another technology worth a look (not sure of situation wrt packages in Debian)
is 'SPICE', being developed by Red Hat: http://www.spicespace.org/