Bug in source package nvidia-settings

Hi there,
I want to submit a bug report concerning the nv-control library. I am using this library in my code which is supposed to be integrated within the HWLOC library to query NVIDIA GPUs to search for their corresponding displays attached to them and vice versa. Right now the library is only created as a static library compiled without the -fPIC flag which means non portability. For the time beingI have bundled the nv-control code (NVCtrl.c, NVCTrl.h, NVCtrlLib.h, nv_control.h) within my code until having a good solution for this problem. What I am asking for, can we get either a dynamic library generated instead of this static library or at least a static library compiled with the -fPIC flag to maintain its portability.

Package :
nvidia-settings
Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver.

Please reply to me asap.

Regards,
Marwan