Re: Upgrade to wheezy possible?

Am Mittwoch, 28. März 2012 schrieb Sharon Kimble:
> Is it possible to upgrade to wheezy from squeeze with only 670.9mb
> available in my /usr partition please? Or do I need to repartition and
> reinstall squeeze and then upgrade to wheezy?

Should be.

Depends on the amount of packages you upgrade at one time.

apt-get / aptitude estimate the space needed, not all of it would go to
/usr tough, but a lot will.

In case you have many or really big packages it might be needed to split
the upgrade further into pieces than the usual

- apt-get install apt dpkg aptitude
- apt-get upgrade
- apt-get dist-upgrade

Besides that I recommend you read the release notes, cause AFAIR it
contains exhaustive information on how to upgrade on space constraints.

The Debian releasenotes are really, really good and it does not make much
sense to duplicate information from there here.