Re: 2nd try: reboot hangs

On 29/03/12 00:58, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>> On Mi, 28 mar 12, 09:26:55, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>>> Haven't heard a peep on this one.

<snipped, there's an irony there somewhere>

Have you also tried both soft *and* hard reboots? (or should I make you
wait a few days? ;-p)

There is a list of things I'd check in BIOS and dmesg, but I'd start
with using another kernel, then looking for ACPI issues when calling
halt, *then* look at reboot. But that's just my approach to isolation
testing those sorts of issues, not necessarily the "right" way.

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-