Re: Why did gtkdialog disappear from the repository?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:39:40 -0500, Jason Hsu wrote:

> It would normally be at
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gtkdialog/gtkdialog_0.7.20-4_i386.deb
> .
>
> However, I see at http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gtkdialog/
> that gtkdialog_0.7.20-4_i386.deb has disappeared.

As others already pointed out, the package has been removed from the
repos but I bet it is still available at the snapshot:

http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20080513T000000Z/pool/main/g/gtkdialog/gtkdialog_0.7.20-4_i386.deb

> What's going on?  I need that package for scripts for my Linux distro
> Swift Linux, and so does antiX Linux.

I use "zenity" to build dialogs in GNOME, not sure if this will suit to
your needs. Otherwise, maybe you can compile the package from upstream
sources.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón