Re: Iceweasel privacy settings behave differently depending on user

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:49:09 +0700, Ken Heard wrote:

> My spouse and I are the only two users on our laptop, a Lenovo R61. The
> laptop OS is Lenny (still), and the version of Iceweasel is 3.6.26 from
> Lenny-backports.
>
> In my spouse's privacy preference window "never remember history" is
> selected.  This preference is stable; it is never changed except by
> deliberate human action.
>
> In my privacy preference window however, whenever I select "never
> remember history" and close that window, Iceweasel will never let me
> keep it.

(...)

Something similar happened to me in Lenny when using Iceweasel (now still
with Lenny but on Firefox 11), that some of the privacy settings did not
stick despite I manually enabled the checkbox. As I finally removed the
stock Iceweasel (3.0.x) I forgot about it.

What could you try to restore the functionality?

- Manually set the value from "about:config"
- Test with an empty profile

> Does anybody have an explanation for this behaviour?

Mmm... I'm not sure, but it could be due to a corrupted "*.sqlite"
database file.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón