Re: Issues with nfs v4 and security

[snip]

> Mar 20 13:37:27 max rpc.idmapd[19081]: nss_getpwnam: name 'nobody' does not
> map into domain 'samad.com.au'

You can use "-vvv" but it's pretty clear that you have an idmapd problem.

I will try that thanks

> got me thinking my nsswitch and some other libraries are not update on
> server B this is the one serving up the bad mount

Is "/etc/nsswitch.conf" the same on your two boxes? Does "getent
hosts" list all of your hosts and their ip addresses? Can you query
LDAP for hostnames on all your boxes?
yep and getent passwd and getent shadow and getent group are the same !

>> (What's the "localdoman" variable in :/etc/idmapd.conf" for?)
>
> don't know !

I've never seen "localdomain/localdoman" as an "/etc/idmapd.conf" stanza.
okay, I think it was in there as part of the default

I have to try and get the box to boot now, after the update to the kernal and system files its not boot ;(

[snip]

finaly got it to reboot :) and login... it is all working now. I use nslcd and it had clear the rootpw from the config file, so I wasn't getting all the UID/GID's fixed that and update my system files and all is good.

also used the mount -vvvv that help a bit as well

Thanks