Re: Issues with nfs v4 and security

Hi

only 2 boxs, both boxes acting as clients and servers.  Yes the same uid/gid, they share a ldap service (they are both multi masters) and the id's are in sync on both boxs

and the idmap.conf is the same on both boxs

thanks

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Alexander Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> I am having some issue with nfs-kernel.
>
> I have 2 servers both have NFS exports.
>
> when i mount 1 from server B to server A, the users come up as nobody and
> nogroup.
>
> when i mount from A to B I get the proper uid/gids
>
> // this is on server B
>
> nfs:/home/alex                /home/alex              nfs
> _netdev,bg,rw,auto,noatime,nouser,async,nodev,suid,proto=tcp,vers=4     0
>     0
>
> on server A
> nas:/exports/video/cam  /exports/video/cam    nfs
> _netdev,bg,rw,noauto,noatime,nouser,async,nodev,nosuid,proto=tcp,vers=4   0
>   0
>
> idmap
>
> [General]
>
> Verbosity = 0
> Pipefs-Directory = /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs
> # set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
> # Domain = localdomain
> Domain = abc.com.au
> localdoman = hme1.bc.com.au
>
> [Mapping]
>
> Nobody-User = nobody
> Nobody-Group = nogroup

Is "Domain" in "/etc/idmapd.conf" the same on all three boxes?

Are the users' UIDs the same on all three boxes?